Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Jenny's Garb Day Two

Today Jenny and I got a huge start of her skirts and finished her bloomers. Naturally we first cut out the beautiful fabric. We used an olive green cotton and dark blue cotton for her skirts, and a nice teal butterfly print cotton.
Skirts-
The skirts were very easy. We eliminated a zipper closure and are either putting in grommets or a hook and eye. The olive skirt just needs a closure and hem while the blue skirt needs its entire waistband and hem.
The bloomers were an adventure. I did like I normally do a bloomer pattern. I just use the leg pajama pants and cut a little extra for seem allowance. But I kind of forgot something today. I forgot to allow for the elastic in the pajamas, So I didn't cute the bloomers big enough so they can stretch and Jenny could actually get them on to her body comfortably. So to improvise Jenny and I added a 3 in strip of the blue fabric from the skirt to the sides of the bloomers. That worked like a snap and the bloomers turned out quite nicely. Except they are a little big in the crotch still. I might experiment tomorrow to make them fit a little better. But they are very comfortable.
PS
For the people with the knee fetishes

No comments: