Friday, July 11, 2008

Grey Bodice Day One

Today I started a new bodice. It is basically just to see if I could actually make a correct one.
First I traced the "vest" pattern from Simplicity Pattern 3623. I took out the darts and the princess seems. Then I created a corset on Custom Corset Pattern Generator and once I draw out the pattern I will use it to create some sort of lining with boning. My bodice will have three layers. The outer fashion layer (grey), an inner lining with boning, and then an outer liner made of duck cloth that I still need to purchase. So far I have just cut out the grey fabric which is left over from my sisters cloak I made last year. This is going to be an adventure and I am using a ton of help from the ladies at Renaissance Festival.com and Baroness Doune's website.
***Will add pics later.

No comments: