Friday, June 20, 2008

Jenny's Garb Day One

First Garb of the Season!
Jenny and I are going to make a working class garb for her.
Shopping and Planning Day:
We decided on this pattern:
It is Buttericks pattern B6196. Now before you cringe at the princess seams. We are only making the blouse and the two skirts. The Blouse will be made out of a muslin so it will be nice and comfortable. We are going to finish the sleeves with a nice cuff instead of the elastic ruffle thing. For the skirts we are going to eliminate the zipper and probably finish the waste with a a hook and eye or maybe some grommets. That will be kind of an adenture when we get there. :)
For the bodice Jenny is going to buy the Twill Boned Bodice from the Tudor Shoppe. My sister bought this bodice last year and I absolutely love it. It is reversible and boned near the grommets. It is perfect for what Jenny and my sister need. Something comfortable but it still has some structure. The quality is amazing too. I haven't ever had any problems with the Tudor Shoppe.

But anywho. I put pics of the colors the next I write a blog.

No comments: